How to Make Firefox the Default Web Browser on Windows 11 2022
This tutorial explains how to make Firefox the default web browser in Windows 11. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Make Firefox the Default Web Browser on Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to make Firefox the default web browser on Windows 11
Windows 11 is officially out, and with it Microsoft has implemented a number of changes to the way we use Windows. One of the most frustrating differences is the amount of extra work it takes to make your default web browser not Microsoft Edge. So if you don’t want to use Edge on your new Windows 11 PC, be prepared to explore the menus to tweak a bunch of finer settings, because when you change your default browser in Windows 10 to Edge only. can be exchanged for swap. If you want, Windows 11 forces you to change the default app for each file type.
In Windows 11, Microsoft Edge is the default browser experience for browsing the internet, opening web links, and viewing PDF files. However, you can change this and make Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox your default browser. In older versions, once you install your favorite web browsing app, you’ll have the option to change it to default with just one click, but that’s no longer the case. Microsoft is more aggressive with Windows 11 to prevent Chrome, Firefox, or any other browser from becoming the system default. However, if Edge isn’t for you, it’s not impossible to change the default browser in Windows 11. You just need to follow a few more steps.
Here, we’ll walk you through the process of reconfiguring Windows 11 so that Microsoft Edge isn’t the default browser for every link and web app you try to launch. And after reading this guide, check out our Windows 11 review to see if we recommend you download it now or wait.
How to set Firefox default browser in Windows 11?
By default, Windows 11 uses Edge as the default browser. But to set Mozilla Firefox as your preferred browser, please do the following:-
- First, install the Mozilla Firefox browser on your computer if you have already done so.
- Once the installation is complete, open the Windows Settings app.
- Next, click on the Applications category in the left sidebar.
- In the right sidebar, select Default apps.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Firefox.
- Here you will find that Microsoft Edge is selected as the default application for “.htm” and other extensions. Click on Microsoft Edge to replace it with Mozilla browser.
- In the drop-down menu, click the Edit anyway link.
- When prompted “How do you want to open .htm files from now on”, select Firefox from the available options, then click the OK button.
Final Words: How to Make Firefox the Default Web Browser on Windows 11
Hope you understand this article How to Make Firefox the Default Web Browser on Windows 11, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.