How To Make Google Your Home Page In Any Web Browser For Easy Access
- You can do
home pagein all major web browsers on Mac and PC.
- To make Google your home page, open your browser’s Settings or Preferences menu.
If you’re like most people, you probably find yourself Google searching for all the questions that come to mind: What’s the best lasagna recipe? What does it mean if I wake up with a headache? Why does my dog keep staring and barking?
Google provides immediate answers to your weirdest queries, so it’s handy to set the search engine as your homepage. No matter which web browser you are using, making Google your homepage is a quick and easy process which means that every time you launch your browser, you immediately open Google FR.
Here is how to proceed in
Quick Note: This guide covers desktop web browsers, not mobile browsers. Mobile browsers generally do not have a home page.
How to make Google your home page in Google Chrome
A version of Google Chrome will be set as the default homepage when you install Google Chrome, but you will still need to follow a few steps to get the full website.
1. Open Google Chrome and click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. From the drop-down menu, click on “Settings”.
3. On the Settings page, scroll down to the “Appearance” section and find the “Show home button” section. Make sure this option is enabled.
4. Once the “Show Home Button” option is enabled, you will see a blank box below that says “Enter a custom web address”. In the field, enter the URL of the Google home page: “https://www.google.com. “
Close the Settings tab and you’re done! Google is now your home page. Just click on the home button at the top left (it looks like a house) to access it.
How to make Google your home page in Safari
1. In Safari, open the Preferences menu. If you are on a PC, you will need to click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your browser, then click on “Preferences”; on a Mac, click “Safari” in the menu bar at the top left, then click “Preferences”.
2. Under the “General” tab, find the section called “Home Page” with a URL listed next to it.
3. Delete the URL currently in the home bar and replace it with “https://www.google.comAlso, you can use the drop-down menus above to change which page loads when you open a new tab or window.
4. Close the Preferences menu, which will launch an additional message asking you to confirm that you want to change your home page. Click “Edit Home Page” to confirm, and you’re good to go.
How to make Google your home page in Microsoft Edge
1. Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three horizontal dots icon in the upper right corner of the Edge screen.
2. Click on the “Settings” option at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
3. After opening the Settings menu, click “Appearance” on the left sidebar.
4. Under “Customize Toolbar,” turn on “Show Home Button” by clicking the switch next to it.
5. Below you will see two options: “New Tab Page” or an empty text field. Double click on the text field and type “https://www.google.com“, then click” Save “.
Now when you click on the house icon on the top toolbar, you will be taken to Google.
How to make Google your home page in Firefox
1. Open Firefox and click on the three stacked lines in the upper right corner of the screen, then select “Preferences.”
2. In the left sidebar, click on “Home”. This will open a page where you can set a new home page.
3. Click the box next to “Home page and new windows” to display a drop-down menu. Scroll down and click on “Custom URLs”.
4. In the box that appears under “Custom URLs”, type “https://www.google.com. “
You can then close this tab and proceed as usual – Google is now your Firefox home page.