Indusface enhances its AppTrana Web Application and API Protection (WAAP) platform with the industry’s first risk-based API protection
BENGALERU, India, May 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Indusface, a leading application security SaaS company that continuously detects security risks, provides real-time protection, and improves the performance of websites and applications, today announced that it is adding Risk-based API to its WAAP platform, AppTrana.
APIs are the lifeline of the digital economy, with many companies taking the API-first approach. However, the growth of APIs also opens up new vectors of risk that they are unaware of. According to Gartner, over 90% of applications have more attack surface exposed through the API than the UI and by 2022 API abuse will grow from an infrequent attack vector to most common attack causing data breaches for enterprise web applications.
Indusface is revolutionizing the API security space by leveraging its API protection capabilities. The company does this through the most comprehensive API protection yet by extending its risk-based approach to the same.
Speaking of this, Ashish TandonFounder and CEO, Indusfacesaid, “AppTrana’s risk-based approach is unique and resonates with our customers. What customers really care about is how well their application is protected based on the risk position. of their application. Building on this, we are now enhancing our API protection capabilities by providing a risk-based approach to API security that we believe would revolutionize the market. With this, customers will be able to identify vulnerabilities found in their public APIs and quickly correlate how these are protected by API-specific policies and positive security policies enforced in AppTrana providing the most comprehensive protection for APIs.”
As with all security, you can only protect what you know, and protection is only as strong as the weakest link. The main challenges with APIs are discoverability and the ability to understand the context of APIs so that security can be adapted accordingly. It is to address these challenges that Indusface is enhancing its API protection in AppTrana. Collectively, through a multi-step approach, customers discover APIs, understand risk posture, and provide comprehensive API protection.
With Indusface AppTrana’s risk-based API protection, you get:
- Understand API risk posture with unlimited automated API scans, including manual testing to identify business logic vulnerabilities. This allows the organization to understand the weakest links in the APIs and gain clear visibility into how those links are protected.
- Visibility into API traffic patterns and discovery of phantom APIs, so you’re no longer blinded by what you don’t know
- To protect APIs with API-specific rules written specifically to protect against vulnerabilities in OWASP’s top 10 APIs
- Behavior-based protection against DDoS attacks on APIs by analyzing API traffic pattern
- Behavior-based protection against BOT attacks
- Positive security for APIs through the analysis of swagger files (OpenAPI 2.0) and the creation of automated positive security policies
- Accurate, real-time view of vulnerabilities blocked by API-specific rules, positive security policies, custom rules, and those that require patching in the application
AppTrana’s API security is available to all customers who have signed up for Premium and Enterprise plans. To learn more, see the resources below:
- “Proactive and comprehensive API protection”
- “Only legitimate traffic to your website with API protection”
See what our other customers are saying here.
Indusface is a leading application security SaaS company that secures mission-critical web, mobile and API applications for over 3,000 global customers using its award-winning fully managed platform that integrates a web application scanner, web application firewall, DDoS and BOT mitigation, CDN and threat. intelligence engine.
Indusface was funded by Tata Capital Growth Fund II, is the only vendor to be named Gartner Peer Insights™ Customers ‘Choice’ in all 7 segments of the Voice of Customer WAAP (Web Application and API Protection) Report 2022, is a “Grand Certified “Place to Work” SaaS product company, is PCI, ISO27001, SOC 2, GDPR certified, and has received numerous prestigious start-up awards such as Economic Times Top 25, NASSCOM DSCI Top Security Company, Top Deloitte Asia 100, among others.