Senior Web Application Developer – SEO at Fox Corporation
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the biggest and most loved brands in the world
Level: Experienced (Non Manager)
Duration: full time
Fox News MediaFOX News Media operates FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, direct-to-consumer digital broadcasting services FOX Nation and FOX News International and recently announced the FOX Weather AVOD platform. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most-watched TV news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top commercial cable channels. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people every month.
We are looking for this amazing and talented Senior Web Application Developer to help our team continue the momentum of sustaining and building the next generation of web experiences and tools for our end users, while helping to define Actionable development standards and best practices for site optimization and performance.
AN OVERVIEW OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage different tools and strategies to help identify site optimization opportunities
- Create, update, modify and maintain front-end application pages for foxnews.com, foxbusiness.com and other Fox News affiliate channels
- Update and maintain backend codebases for our content management systems
- Work closely with product and program management to help prioritize development roadmap items
- Articulate technical requirements, write functional specifications and establish site performance standards
- Perform collaborative tasks such as code reviews and technical documentation for peers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Hands-on experience with site optimization including SEO, page performance, technical audits and Core Web Vitals
- Expert Linux command line experience
- Expert knowledge integrating API endpoints
- In-depth knowledge of Git repository workflows using the CLI
- Exceptional communication skills to interact with technology partners and provide consistent technical feedback with other developers
- You are proficient in industry tools involving site performance, SEO and analytics
- You have a knack for finding solutions to problems and using a full arsenal of debugging tools
- You’ve created your own custom tools to help automate tasks
- You have experience with at least one other backend programming language (e.g. Python, PHP)
- You never stop learning web technology; never stop at what you know, and always keep up to date with the latest in all aspects of site development, performance and optimization
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, status protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history consistent with applicable law.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s largest and most beloved brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network and FOX Television Stations. We enable a wide range of creators to imagine and develop culturally meaningful content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News Podcasts and digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched TV news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked first among commercial channels for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people every month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of US-based multi-platform sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple websites, joint ventures and multiple licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a leading national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of engaging prime-time entertainment and powerful sports programming. It offers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all US television households. Among 18-34 year olds, FOX has ranked in the top two prime-time entertainment networks for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Channels
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering more than 37% of US television households. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to know more about Fox Corporation? Visit the Fox Corporation website.